So, you don’t like Tumblr that much, hah? Yeah, it’s cool way to post anything in anyway, but still it lacks a lots of features like categories, widgets, finer control over the blogs/comments. heck you cannot even feel like it’s your own blog because you cannot control the way you like.
Coming to your problem, you may want to switch to some other blog, a blog that gives you finer control of things, gives you a lots of features to customize and enhance the blog, a blog powered by WordPress, maybe. But you have a problem in that too – How can you leave all great tumblogs you’ve created when on Tumblr. I mean some of them might be personal favourites as well. You can move to WordPress but not your blog, and definitely not the date posted even if you try writing them again manually, right? Wrong! Read on.
Thankfully, there is a simple web service to help you in this case. Behold Tumblr 2 WordPress!! It really has 1-2-3 step process to move your favourite articles to your favourite Blog provider. just follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to Tumblr 2 WordPress and click Let’s Get Started button.
- Fill in the details in the form which is quite straightforward. Follow the image for instructions if you find it difficult to do yourself.
- Now click export.
- Your page will refresh and you’ll get 1 xml file to download named as tumblr_<yoursitename>.tumblr.com. Save this file in safe location as you’re gonna need it.
- Now login to your WordPress account (create a WordPress account if you haven’t already done so. It’s straightforward), and go to you dashboard.
- Now go a bit down the page and you’ll find Tools button on left hand pane. Expand this option and you’ll find Import option, click on it.
- Now you’ll find several options in it. Just select WordPress and in next screen choose your xml file and select upload and import.
- Select author as yourself and check the box that says Download and import file attachment.
Done! Your brand new WordPress Blog is up and ready. Now if you want the WordPress blog looks like Tumblr one, you got covered in that too. Just go here to find Tumblr like themes for WordPress, or completely mold it into Tumblr look-alike blog by using WooTumblog.
Have fun with your brand new blog site which, of course, contains all your blogs!!